Server Status Report

Started by Joseph Lofthouse, 2019-04-01, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph Lofthouse

Sorry that the server was down for an extended period of time today.

~Joseph

-------------------------------------------
Mon, 1st Apr 2019, 3:58 pm
wsl00001

We are aware that there are issues affecting this server. We are working to get them resolved. Update @ Mon Apr 1 10:16:00 MDT 2019 - This server is being rebooted to restore service. Upon reboot a file system integrity check has been forced. Update @ Mon Apr 1 10:31:00 MDT 2019 - The file system integrity check is 27% complete. Update @ Mon Apr 1 10:53:00 MDT 2019 - The file system integrity check is 58% complete. Update @ Mon Apr 1 11:23:00 MDT 2019 - This server is up and available for use.

Joseph Lofthouse

I checked the forum just before bed tonight, and it was down, broken by an "upgrade" that the ISP did to the server about an hour before.

I found the offending line of code, and disabled it. If you notice anything funky about how the forum works in the next few days, please let me know. When I'm not up in the night, way past bedtime, I'll try to figure out the proper fix.

Joseph Lofthouse

I permanently fixed the software issue today. It was in a minor script. Hopefully y'all won't even notice that something changed slightly in the interface...

reed

I'm still intermittently getting this error "Call to undefined function shell_exec()" when the site first loads. Refreshing the page fixes it.

Tim DH

#4
Hi Joseph,
       I'm getting an error trying to post an image.
       It says 'Path cannot be empty'.
Tim DH

Tim DH

I've now tried sending the post without the picture and it says

You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.

Tim DH

I've retyped the message and its been accepted (in the thread 'Back Crossing Latah) But when I try to modify the post by adding a picture, it gives me the path cannot be empty error message.

Tim DH

Just to check that it isn't a problem with today's picture, I've just tried adding the picture that was accepted on the previous post. Same error message.

Joseph Lofthouse

Thanks for these reports. I am intending to do a major version upgrade in the next few days. It may fix both of these issues.

Diane Whitehead

Yesterday and today I get this message when I first try logging in:

Open Source Plant Breeding Forum   An Error Has Occurred!
Call to undefined function shell_exec()
Back

When I go back and try again, the site loads properly.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
cool mediterranean climate  warm dry summers, mild wet winters,  70 cm rain,   sandy soil

Steph S

I had a few error messages too, where the site could not be accessed.
Good luck with that upgrade, Joseph.  Hope it all goes smoothly but, you know, life has bumps.
It's always gratifying to find a site has been restored.  ;D

Joseph Lofthouse

Thanks Steph. Starting by making a complete backup. Then a backup of the backup...

Diane Whitehead

The problem remained earlier this morning, but now has disappeared.

Good work, Joseph!
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
cool mediterranean climate  warm dry summers, mild wet winters,  70 cm rain,   sandy soil

Steph S

I'm still getting an error message, but if I press the Back button and then try again it lets me in.

Diane Whitehead

Yes, so am I.  The one time it worked was a fluke.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
cool mediterranean climate  warm dry summers, mild wet winters,  70 cm rain,   sandy soil