Red-Podded Peas

Started by AndrewB, 2024-06-01, 09:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewB

Here's some photos of this year's earliest red-pods, from the most recent backcross. I think these are technically F3 as there was an unexpected lower amount of red pods in the F2 than I had calculated.

These are probably still not as good as Rebsies line, but hopefully they are finally getting close. Sad that mine are only one pod per truss each instead of two like hers. Oh, well.

I haven't tasted this batch yet. But there is some variation in good color. Some are more patchy than others, so I'll have to mark the best of these to hopefully move forward with. Still, I'm happy with how this year's batch are going.

The non-sunlight ones look rather maroon, so I'm going to try and do another cross with a pink flowered variety. Unfortunately that will take many generations to get back to this point in terms of color. But I think a peachy pod might look more red when not lit up by sunlight.

Adam Igra

They look great. Good job!