Upcoming Online Events

Started by Klaus Brugger, 2022-03-15, 02:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus Brugger

Especially since 2020, numerous plant-breeding-related events have been held online, many of them free of charge. Workshops, presentations, conferences, even field days.
I think it would be cool to have a thread were we share information about upcoming online events.
I'll start.


25th March 2022

Breeding Carrots for Production, Resilience, Flavor, and Fun in Organic Systems
https://seedalliance.org/events/carrot-breeding-webinar-eorganic/
Free workshop organized by Organic Seed Alliance and eOrganic with very cool presenters.

Klaus Brugger

Next one:



27th May 2022
Improving tomato flavor using biochemical, genomic and breeding tools
https://physaloidseminars.weebly.com/upcoming-seminars.html
Online seminar with Denise Tieman as part of the SOL Seminars series.

William Schlegel

Jack sent an OSSI email about some zooms coming up.

Wednesday, April 13, Craig LeHoullier and Patrina Nuske-Small (Dwarf Tomato Project), "Crowdbreeding! A New Word for the Unique, Altruistic, Open Source, Collaborative Dwarf Tomato Project"

Wednesday, May 11, Michael Mazourek (Cornell University) and Edmund Frost (Common Wealth Seed Growers), "Combining Cucurbits for Downy Mildew Resistance and More."

Wednesday, June 8, Carol Deppe (Fertile Valley Seeds), "Breeding for Climate Change, Regional Adaptation, and Wild Weather." :)
Western Montana garden, glacial lake Missoula sediment lacustrian parent material and shallow 7" silty clay loam mollisoil topsoil sometimes with added sand in places. Zone 6A with 100 to 130 frost free days

reed

Quote from: William S. on 2022-03-18, 05:51:52 PM
Wednesday, June 8, Carol Deppe (Fertile Valley Seeds), "Breeding for Climate Change, Regional Adaptation, and Wild Weather." :)

I'm going to try to catch that one for sure.

galina gardiner

Wednesday, April 13, Craig LeHoullier and Patrina Nuske-Small (Dwarf Tomato Project), "Crowdbreeding! A New Word for the Unique, Altruistic, Open Source, Collaborative Dwarf Tomato Project"


What is the link for this one please?

William Schlegel

#5
There is no link Jack said he would email again later with the details. I don't know for sure how to get on Jack's email list but maybe this quarterly newsletter sign up?

https://us14.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=b1507bc62da42d50ccebec663&id=b5819bdcaf

Or:

https://osseeds.org/contact-page/

to just ask about getting on that list.

I think I am on the email list maybe because of the fava bean I successfully pledged?
Western Montana garden, glacial lake Missoula sediment lacustrian parent material and shallow 7" silty clay loam mollisoil topsoil sometimes with added sand in places. Zone 6A with 100 to 130 frost free days

Klaus Brugger

Quote from: William S. on 2022-03-18, 05:51:52 PM
Jack sent an OSSI email about some zooms coming up.

Thank you very much for sharing! It would be cool if these events were promoted more widely.


Here's another exciting event:

June 6, 2022 – June 8, 2022
CBN x OSA California Variety Showcase
https://seedalliance.org/events/california-variety-showcase/
Free online event with talks about celtuce, dry beans, tomatoes, onions, squash, miner's lettuce, and more.

Greenie DeS

I just jumped on the list (I had to lie about my address; it only accepts US ZIP codes) and hopefully will get updates from here on out; in the meantime are there any links to sign up for the OSSI circubit and Deppe webinars, or to attend them?

eorganic's youtube channel seems to have a trickle of interesting things on it!

Steph S

I missed this recent webinar from Bauta/Seed Change, about growing heritage grains.  Luckily they posted it to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHk_MeGyLTo

Klaus Brugger

Today's (!) virtual Seed Stewards potluck (of Second Generation Seeds) focuses on some interesting Asian heirloom cucurbits and will include a presentation about aehobak (Cucurbita moschata) breeding and hybridization of C. moschata and C. pepo.

2 to 4 pm PST
(23:00 to 01:00 CEST)

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChtUAsJrHXY/
https://www.secondgenerationseeds.com/
https://seed-stewards.mn.co/