Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Meganp

#1
Alliums / Re: True Garlic Seed (TGS)
2022-12-03, 01:03:26 PM
Quote from: William Schlegel on 2021-12-08, 01:32:19 PMI have a strain of garlic from a feral patch in Missoula MT given to me at a seed exchange mislabeled as Egyptian walking onion.

This year as it was setting some topsetting bulbs I noticed some true flowers. A few of these on a few plants looked like they were developing seed. I trimmed off those heads and put them in a paper bag. It looks like ten seeds have completed development.

William, did you plant those seeds and did any germinate?
#2
Hello, Megan here, meganp & meganzqn on other forums. All my growing is done at a community garden where I've been trying to produce true garlic seed, unsuccessfully but agonisingly close. I recognise a few names from HGG & Tomatoville here ;)