Open Source Plant Breeding Forum

General Category => Community & Forum Building => Topic started by: AndrewB on 2021-07-25, 09:00:22 AM

Title: Looking for rare orange radishes from NYC or Vermont
Post by: AndrewB on 2021-07-25, 09:00:22 AM
14st Union Sq farmers market in NYC

For anyone in New York City or Vermont if you happen to fund orange or orange-bicolor radishes please collect me some. I will pay for shipping. I think orange radishes may be unique to the north east region of the USA.


(http://opensourceplantbreeding.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=567.0;attach=1594;image)

(http://opensourceplantbreeding.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=567.0;attach=1595;image)

(http://opensourceplantbreeding.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=567.0;attach=1596;image)

(http://opensourceplantbreeding.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=567.0;attach=1597;image)
Title: Re: Looking for rare orange radishes from NYC or Vermont
Post by: AndrewB on 2022-02-28, 08:46:07 AM
Never found a source.

Still not sure they actually are radishes or not.

But apparently there are rare orange turnips and turnip x radish crosses might be possible...

or pink radish x yellow radish?
Title: Re: Looking for rare orange radishes from NYC or Vermont
Post by: Adrian on 2022-02-28, 01:42:25 PM
If it so easy the yellow color look dominant.
I found often yellow color on my f1 radish
I have a mix of multicolored radish (white,red,green,purple (saxa) that i  grow together.
I can may have by hasardous a orange radish.


Title: Re: Looking for rare orange radishes from NYC or Vermont
Post by: B. Copping on 2022-03-04, 05:19:16 PM
Andrew,
I'm inclined to think that the plants in the middle of the picture are beets.
"Golden" perhaps.