Open Source Plant Breeding Forum

General Category => Community & Forum Building => Topic started by: Chiu-Ki Chan on 2019-03-31, 06:03:42 PM

Title: Chefs and seed breeders collaborate to create flavorful new foods
Post by: Chiu-Ki Chan on 2019-03-31, 06:03:42 PM
https://www.splendidtable.org/story/collaboration-between-chefs-and-seed-breeders-is-key-to-flavorful-new-foods

Heard this Splendid Table episode on the radio today. Quite a few interesting varieties mentioned.

Cucumber that's not bland
https://www.row7seeds.com/products/7082-cucumber

Squash that changes color when it's ripe so you know when to harvest
https://www.row7seeds.com/products/robins-koginut-squash

Habanada pepper: Habanero minus the burn
https://www.row7seeds.com/products/habanada-pepper
Title: Re: Chefs and seed breeders collaborate to create flavorful new foods
Post by: reed on 2019-04-01, 07:47:31 AM
I know a lot of people like larger squash but I really liked the description of those smaller ones at row7seeds. Have some in my seed box right now. I'll be adding them into my winter squash mix this year. I like cooking a whole squash and eating it all in a single meal and I really like growing them off the ground on trellises or even in the trees.