I eat commercial frozen beans all winter. I've tried different kinds but they are all tasteless. I have never frozen my home-grown beans, but I'm going to try some this year.
I grow lots of different kinds of beans, and they vary in taste.
Have any of you found some that freeze well?
Blue Lake is a very old fashioned bean but to me it is what beans should taste like. It was so popular in its heyday that it was about the only bean (around here) sold by variety name. Usually canned, but also frozen. Over time people have developed a taste for milder vegetables which is why, I think, it lost favour. But I prefer it.
We eat massive amounts of frozen beans every winter, they are our easiest veg to freeze. Blanche one minute, shock in cold water, drain well - we use a salad spinner to dry them - then pack in vacuum freezer bags. (Worth the investment, can get a decent one at Costco.)
We mostly grow our own bean crosses these days and have stopped growing Blue Lake because it was too susceptible to anthracnose. We will try to select the best ones for freezing but this is a plan with certain built in challenges.