Tracking down obscure plants from a layman's perspective

Started by Thulahn, 2023-08-23, 09:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thulahn

In my latest substack article, I talk through the process of tracking down an obscure plant from the point of view of a layman. This is all my hard won knowledge distilled down into an detective story/article. I hope it helps you with your own research into obscure plants for breeding purposes or otherwise

https://urbanfoodforest.substack.com/p/citation-breadcrumbs-part-1

Thulahn

We delve further in part 2, where we meet some of the lives that have entangled themselves in the pursuit of this specific plant (Argentina sumatrana):

https://urbanfoodforest.substack.com/p/citation-breadcrumbs-part-2

Thulahn

We're closing in on our plant suspect (Argentina sumatrana), hopefully you will continue to learn from my own experiences at tracking down rare plants by following a citation trail

https://urbanfoodforest.substack.com/p/citation-breadcrumbs-part-3

Thulahn

I forgot to post this here when I finished, but in this final post we finally tracked down the plant, photo and description: https://urbanfoodforest.substack.com/p/citation-breadcrumbs-part-4