Looking for rare orange radishes from NYC or Vermont

Started by AndrewB, 2021-07-25, 09:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewB

14st Union Sq farmers market in NYC

For anyone in New York City or Vermont if you happen to fund orange or orange-bicolor radishes please collect me some. I will pay for shipping. I think orange radishes may be unique to the north east region of the USA.









AndrewB

#1
Never found a source.

Still not sure they actually are radishes or not.

But apparently there are rare orange turnips and turnip x radish crosses might be possible...

or pink radish x yellow radish?

Adrian

If it so easy the yellow color look dominant.
I found often yellow color on my f1 radish
I have a mix of multicolored radish (white,red,green,purple (saxa) that i  grow together.
I can may have by hasardous a orange radish.



B. Copping

Andrew,
I'm inclined to think that the plants in the middle of the picture are beets.
"Golden" perhaps.