Author Topic: Our Weather 2022  (Read 1587 times)

Adrian

• View Profile
  • Hardiness Zone: 7b
Re: Our Weather 2022
« Reply #45 on: 2022-06-18, 03:35:25 PM »
Record of t° in france it worrying.
Finaly the temperature climb up to 37°C this week 98,4°F for us.
The record in france was at 43°C 109,2°F in the SW at Biarritz.
https://www.lindependant.fr/2022/06/18/canicule-de-4290c-a-2240c-a-biarritz-en-1h30-quest-ce-quun-coup-de-galerne-a-lorigine-dune-chute-brutale-des-temperatures-dans-le-sud-ouest-10374815.php

Most stranger the t° is past of 42,9°C 109°F to 22,4°C 71,6°F between 16h30 and 18h (1h30) .
Actually again 29°C 84,2°F at paris at 23h30 this evening.
« Last Edit: 2022-06-18, 03:53:54 PM by Adrian »

Richard Watson

• South Island - New Zealand
    • View Profile
    • Sentinels Group Seeds
    • Email
  • Koppen zone: Cfb
  • Hardiness Zone: 9
« Reply #46 on: 2022-06-22, 03:14:05 AM »
Frost of -4 C this morning and should be similar tomorrow morning. That has helped lower the water temp in my pond for my daily pre dawn dip.
Changeable climate manly during winter & spring - 500mm average yearly rainfall. 20 years of soil improvements plus sub soil top soil reversal means my garden beds are about half metre deep. Below that is 100's of metres of alluvial shingle

reed

• Narrow Ridge above the Ohio River zone 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2022-06-22, 02:12:09 PM »
Some COLD water sure sounds nice! An even 100F here right now. According to the online calculator that's 37.7777778C. I expect we'll easily make 40 C this year, maybe this week. Hoping we don't go much more than that but it's just June, July and August are generally out hottest months.   

Steph S

• 47.5N 52.8W Newfoundland AgCan zone 5a/USDA zone 4 Koppen Dfb
    • View Profile
  • Koppen zone: Dfb
  • Hardiness Zone: USDA zone 4
« Reply #48 on: 2022-06-24, 06:11:15 AM »
We're looking to beat back the record for most consecutive days above 17C (normal) in June.  At seven days we tied the record from 20 years ago, and today will push it back to the 30 year record, with no end in sight according to the forecast.  Yesterday went to 25C /77F and humidex 31C / 88F, which is close to record high for the date.  For most of my sixty-odd years we never had more than 2 or 3 days in July with that kind of heat, if any.  Now we are getting weeks of it, often.  But there's no counting on it or planning your weather expectations, as it may just as likely be hellishly cold.   This heat is quite a surprise after the long, extra cold spring.
I would normally wait until the beginning of July for the kind of weather that is easy on tomatoes, to move my extra plants outdoors.  Two weeks ahead of the game this time, which is fine by me.  Some sunny days have been hard on the greenhouse tomatoes though.  Running a fan has helped.  If the weather turns foul in July, at least they've had some good days and time to get used to the outdoor level of wind.  Everything in outdoor beds has gotten terribly dry.  Perennials are holding their own as usual, but all the veggie beds were so dry when I was planting yesterday, I ended up doing the rounds and watering every bed repeatedly.
Lucky for me I have a deep well and very reliable.

Richard Watson

• View Profile
    • Sentinels Group Seeds
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: 2022-06-25, 09:13:03 PM »
Having a lovely mid winters weekend thanks to Auz left over warm air, thanks. both days have been a pleasant 16C, helped make the idea working in the wet cold soil for the afternoon a bit more appealing. Planted out Giant Mammoth onions for spring flowering, 4 out of 30 went had soft in the shed but at least they are out of the gen pool.
Changeable climate manly during winter & spring - 500mm average yearly rainfall. 20 years of soil improvements plus sub soil top soil reversal means my garden beds are about half metre deep. Below that is 100's of metres of alluvial shingle

whwoz

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2022-06-26, 01:55:00 AM »
Glad to see someone getting the benefit of our weather Richard.  Nothing but wet, cold and miserable here for June, nearly 190mm/7.6 inches for the month so far with a little bit more to come.

galina gardiner

• View Profile
  • Koppen zone: dfb
  • Hardiness Zone: USDA 5
« Reply #51 on: 2022-06-26, 12:46:57 PM »
Still getting used to the weather and climate here after gardening for so long in Britain.  There seem to be a lot of thunderstorms chucking an inch of rain down in a matter of minutes.  Definitely much more rain here and when it does not rain the sun shines.  The heat and humidity is a bit hard on the gardener at times, but the plants like it just fine.  A new climate is a huge learning curve. 

Richard Watson

• View Profile
    • Sentinels Group Seeds
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: 2022-06-27, 09:49:18 PM »
Glad to see someone getting the benefit of our weather Richard.  Nothing but wet, cold and miserable here for June, nearly 190mm/7.6 inches for the month so far with a little bit more to come.
Three days of nice weather, back to grey gloom today and only getting up to 6.1C.
That is a lot of rain for one month

reed

• Narrow Ridge above the Ohio River zone 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Today at 01:10:50 PM »
It's turning badly dry here, not terribly hot, hovering about 90F each day but like I said dry. Feel bad to complain about it because I know it's a lot worse in many places. I'm kind of glad my garden is rather small, if it was much larger than it is I would have to just abandon some of it.

The back garden is suffering the worse of it. It hasn't been a garden for nearly as long and has less organic material in the soil and less mulch, plus all the infrastructure to easily provide water is convenient only to the front garden.