Author Topic: Blight Resistance in Potatoes and Tomatoes  (Read 19589 times)

Tim DH

• Yorkshire UK
    • View Profile
    • Email
  • Koppen zone: Cfb
  • Hardiness Zone: USDA 8
Re: Blight Resistance in Potatoes and Tomatoes
« Reply #121 on: 2022-02-07, 05:05:01 AM »
Hi Thomas,
   Thanks for the Lubera link. I have bought from them in the past. However their current position is:

Lubera stops plant deliveries to the UK
Due to Brexit, we are not able to deliver to the UK. We are working on a solution on how we can continue to bring a wide range of Lubera plants to the UK and directly to our customers' homes in the future. However, such a solution will not be available before 2022 or 2023.

Hi Nicollas,
   Thanks for the Culinaris link. An interesting tomato list.

My understanding of the current post Brexit customs rules is that Tomato seed is not (at this moment) covered by the new exceedingly onerous regulations, but it will be after June 30th 2022. However, the area is such a minefield that most suppliers (like Lubera) would prefer not to get involved,  risking their stock to the whim of some customs officer. I tried late last year to import some seed ‘at my own risk’, it never showed up.

Tim DH

ImGrimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2022-02-07, 07:09:55 AM »
I started at the same time and in the same town like culinaris but they went the sophisticated path via selection and documentation I did not  (I would describe my way as assisted feralisation :) )

These are the ones I started with. Saladtypes with occasionally some beefish fruits on the same plants. I selected the beeflike fruits for seed extraction. It turned out that I unconsciously selected that way for cross-pollination

you can find some more pictures from the last years here: (besides other varieties I cultivated ove rthe years)

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0zJtdOXmGRy2sz

One beeflike fruit from last season

« Last Edit: 2022-02-07, 07:14:14 AM by ImGrimmer »

Roland

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2022-02-07, 12:50:59 PM »
I grow Sunviva in 2021 and it was good blight resistant.
Its also very vigorous so u have to remove a lot of suckers. Even in the middle and end of the leaves it produces suckers.
The fruit has a hard skin, but because the flesh is hard its not realy noticeable.

In 2022 I will grow Sunviva again and I will grow some F1 crosses from Sunviva.
I took a lot of seeds from Sunviva, its a keeper.
Netherlands

ThomatoGarden

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2022-02-08, 09:04:58 PM »
@ImGrimmer

Nice Photos and nice Garden.

Is the Big strain stable in size, Lets say   5cm and up, or is it getting smaller sometimes ?