Author Topic: Lima bean- Large x small seeded crosses  (Read 697 times)

Garrett Schantz

• View Profile
    • Email
  • Koppen zone: Dfa
  • Hardiness Zone: USDA zone 6
Re: Lima bean- Large x small seeded crosses
« Reply #15 on: 2020-10-02, 01:52:30 PM »
Nativeseed has a bunch of different lima beans. Most seed there is only for indigenous people right now though due to mass orders from the virus. Some of them might return once things calm down. Pala Hatqo seems to be completely red. Bunch of other types too. Could be worth adding them all into a mix. Southernexposure has some diversity as well - the ones that look interesting are sold out for 2020, might have more stock in a few months I suppose. Hudson Valley Seed Company sells "Sadie's Lima Bean" which is from the Pennsylvania Dutch. Seems to tolerate cold weather apparently, and I live in PA so maybe this would do well for me. Baker creek has some as well. Limas tend to perform poorly here. Hopefully all of this breeding create some types that perform better outside of the south. Runner beans and Lima beans appear to have very little diversity here. GRIN of course has a lot of diversity, but I haven't tried requesting lima beans before. I think they might be able to send to Australia but not sure.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-02, 02:04:50 PM by Garrett Schantz »