Author Topic: Happy 50th Earth Day  (Read 132 times)

William S.

• View Profile
Happy 50th Earth Day
« on: 2020-04-22, 07:47:12 AM »
Happy 50th Earthday. Planting anything special?

Thought I might transplant tomatoes. Have some Lonicera caerulea I might plant somewhere.
Western Montana garden, glacial lake Missoula sediment lacustrian silty clay mollisoil sometimes with added sand in places. Zone 6A with 100 to 130 frost free days

Ferdzy

• View Profile
Re: Happy 50th Earth Day
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-22, 08:55:41 AM »
It's 1C out there! I did manage to scavenge some chives and parsley for todays lunch.

Also, we've had sweet potato cuttings on the kitchen windowsill all winter, that are looking dire. Plan is to pot them up today and hopefully in a few days they can start spending some time outside under plastic, greening up. That'll be it, I think. Other than checking and watering the other seedlings.

Steph S

• View Profile
Re: Happy 50th Earth Day
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-22, 07:15:40 PM »
Today I unpotted a grape, looking for grubs of the pest Black Vine Weevil that gave it such a beating last year.   Two weeks ago I potted up the Eleuthero and found dozens of those ugly grubs on the roots, so I was expecting the worst, and actually put off doing this necessary chore. 
Shockingly no grubs on the grape.  What happened weevil?   Repotted for nought.  Oh well.  At least I got dirty.  ;)