Author Topic: Projects at El Huerto, Oz.  (Read 372 times)

Troppo

• View Profile
Re: Projects at El Huerto, Oz.
« Reply #15 on: 2020-02-28, 01:10:40 AM »
William, biosecurity regs are very tight in Australia (with good reason) so sourcing from overseas is out of the question. I've looked online for sources in Australia without much luck.
We do have in Australia a fair assortment of traditional varieties - some of the traditional Mediterranean varieties from coastal regions are said to have salinity resistance.

My bore water is about twice the concentration of the upper limit of that considered fresh. My 75000 litres of rainwater tanks have  sufficed so far, and with 50% 'shandying' with bore water should cover me for most irrigation - when i get it set up properly.

My standout tomato this year in my low input garden is Ropreco Paste, a semi determinate small fruited nippled Roma type from Italy, that is completely outperforming the other 15 or so varieties of slicers and pastes. Palmwoods paste, which came highly recommended, is yet to produce a single ripe fruit on 4 plants.
G

Hi Greg, I think I have some wild tomato species seed that you are welcome to. I just donít have the time or space to play around with them. PM your addy and Iíll send them down to you.

Cheers, Trop