Author Topic: Tomato Microbiome article  (Read 528 times)

William S.

• View Profile
Re: Tomato Microbiome article
« Reply #30 on: 2019-12-23, 08:49:52 PM »
I wonder if a small amount of clear and free dish soap might work instead of the tween twenty.
Western Montana garden, glacial lake Missoula sediment lacustrian silty clay mollisoil sometimes with added sand in places. Zone 6A with 100 to 130 frost free days

Woody Gardener

• NW Arkansas, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tomato Microbiome article
« Reply #31 on: 2019-12-24, 10:19:56 AM »
"Endophytic diazatrophs. Nitrogen fixing bacteria that inhabit leaves all over the place! The research is still in its infancy but it is interesting."

I Googled endophytic diazatrophs and found this free pdf:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228349743_Diversity_of_Endophytic_Diazotrophs_in_Non-Leguminous_Crops-A_Review

These microbes do more than fix N, they may stimulate growth, fight off disease and insects, and enhance nutrition.

I took the offer of a free membership in ResearchGate and tested it by searching for 2 topics that interest me, anthocyanin and aronia. I was blown away by the huge number research papers available on both topics. One paper was about the anti-cancer and anti-inflammation properties of Aronia leaves. Another paper had this comment: Anthocyanin may contribute to the inverse relationship of fruit and vegetable intake and chronic disease.