Author Topic: Jpeg vs. Jpg  (Read 231 times)

B. Copping

• View Profile
Jpeg vs. Jpg
« on: 2019-06-29, 10:47:20 AM »
Hello,

I have tried attaching photos to posts that result in an error, stating the allowed file extentions, and showing that the photo I was trying to upload has a jpeg file extention (not permitted).

I am fairly certain the extention *is* jpg. Two different programs tell me so. :)

Since the file name in the error message is not the same as the file name of picture I am uploading, is this an issue with some image conversion software on the server?

Confused.

Edit: current work around is to upload the pictures to google drive, rename them there, and then attach the picture from there.

Is the file extention case sensitive?
Some of the files I’m uploading to drive show up with JPG, not jpg. (I changed them to lowercase.)

« Last Edit: 2019-06-29, 12:14:34 PM by B. Copping »

Joseph Lofthouse

• Administrator
  • Great Basin desert, Rocky Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Garden.Lofthouse.com
    • Email
Re: Jpeg vs. Jpg
« Reply #1 on: 2019-06-29, 03:35:29 PM »
I added jpeg to the list of allowed file extensions. The extension is not case sensitive. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Uploading a couple of  random files with JPG and JPEG extensions... Looks like the server is converting the extension to jpg.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-29, 03:40:58 PM by Joseph Lofthouse »

Joseph Lofthouse

• Administrator
  • Great Basin desert, Rocky Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Garden.Lofthouse.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-06-29, 03:44:54 PM »
As an added privacy bonus, the server is stripping geo-location and camera data from the photos when they are uploaded.

B. Copping

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-06-30, 07:49:04 AM »
Flower, pollinator damage(?) and “Umbellatum Audrey”

As an added privacy bonus, the server is stripping geo-location and camera data from the photos when they are uploaded.

Sweet!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2019-06-30, 07:51:21 AM by B. Copping »