Author Topic: Seed Swap Announcements  (Read 981 times)

Chiu-Ki Chan

• View Profile
Re: Seed Swap Announcements
« Reply #15 on: 2019-02-27, 09:35:37 PM »
GrowHaus Seed Swap

March 23, 2019 (Saturday)
10am to 5pm
The GrowHaus
4751 York St, Denver, CO 80216
$7.5 / $12 / $15

https://www.thegrowhaus.org/seed-swap

reed

• Narrow Ridge above the Ohio River zone 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2019-04-13, 04:06:55 AM »
This is kind of related to seed swap I think. I have a lot of seed I don't want so I started dropping it all in a box thinking I would donate it to the seed library but as the box filled I realized it would take forever to pack it all up in small packets with labels so people would know what it is, way more time and trouble than I want to mess with. I have several two liter bottles of sweet corn, probably a pint of tomato seeds, good golly, where did it all come from?   

I'm thinking of roughly tilling a spot out in the weeds and tossing it all in or scattering it up and down the road. Go back a few months later and see if anything grew. What do others do with extra seed?

Diane Whitehead

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2019-04-13, 08:52:57 AM »
feed it to the chickens?
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
cool mediterranean climate  warm dry summers, mild wet winters,  70 cm rain,   sandy soil

Walk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2019-04-14, 06:14:26 AM »
Feed some to chickens (brassicas, cukes, allium), eat some (beans, corn, squash) and the rest for green manure or compost.

reed

• Narrow Ridge above the Ohio River zone 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2019-04-14, 07:11:44 AM »
Yep, already ate a lot of the beans, most corn I reckon will go to chickens. Planted a lot of old peas, radishes, turnips yesterday just for soil improvement in spots where corn or something will go in later.

William S.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2019-04-26, 08:29:21 PM »
Last year I seeded a large outside the fence area with excess seeds. I think it's time to eliminate the inside the fence parsnips. They seem to be doing great unfenced.
Western Montana garden, glacial lake Missoula sediment lacustrian clay mollisoil sometimes with added sand in places. Zone 6A